Coming from out of town? We love visitors, and are proud to present not only the official New Jersey State Fair, but the best that Sussex County has to offer!
Friday evening and Sunday evening have the most traffic. Pennsylvania weekenders add to the Fair traffic.
The Fairgrounds are located in a rural area. The grounds are level and the paths are paved. They accommodate strollers.
There are picnic tables located at the front of the Fairgrounds outside the gate.
There are a number of campgrounds, B & Bs, and motels within 30 minutes of The Fairgrounds.
Besides the Fair, Sussex County has a number of interesting places to visit. Space Farms in Wantage, Sterling Mine in Ogdensburg, Crystal Springs in Vernon, Kittatinny, Stokes, and High Point State Parks are a few. Go to http://sussexcountychamber.org/skylands.asp for more information.
If you forgot to shop at the Farmers’ Market on the grounds, there are a number of farm stands on the roads leading into Sussex County.
If you are bringing children and will be driving for a while, print out the scavenger hunt bingo for them to use. Click here to download.
- Closest gas station: the intersection of routes 206/15/565
- Post office: on 206S in Augusta; off 206N in Branchville, on 15S in Lafayette
- Drug store: 206S outside of Newton; off 206N in Branchville
- Churches: in Branchville off 206N
- Staples, Sears, HomeGoods, Walmart: 206S outside of Newton
- Police station: 2 miles south on Rt. 206S
- The Fairgrounds office in the Administration Building can help you with any problems you may have or provide you with any local information needed. You can reach them by phone at 973-948-5500.
- Crystal Springs Resort
- The Wooden Duck B&B
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Newton
- Andover Inn, Andover